Obtaining an I-20 or DS-2019

Once you are admitted into the program of your choice, you and the International Student Advisor can begin the process of issuing you an I-20 (F-1 Student status) or DS-2019 (J-1 Student status). In order to obtain an I-20 or DS-2019 you need to do the following:

  1. Submit your confirmation fee to reserve your place at CST (please refer to the letter in your admit packet).
  2. Submit the Financial Certification form, supporting documents, a copy of your Admission letter and a copy of your Financial Aid Award letter (if you received financial aid) to the International Student Advisor
  3. Once you have paid the fee and submitted your completed Financial Certification form and supporting documents, your I-20 or DS-2019 will be issued and sent to you via regular airmail or FedEx (additional fees apply).

If you are currently in the U.S. on an F-1 student visa, you also need to submit the F-1 Student Transfer form. You have 15 days from the start of classes to complete your transfer.

After you receive your I-20 or DS-2019, you may apply for your visa at the U.S. Embassy/Consulate in your home country. Go to the Admitted Student Checklist for links to U.S. Embassies.

If you have questions about your I-20 or DS-2019, you email the International Student Advisor at lrusch@cst.edu, or call 909-447-2503.

If you have questions about your admission you may email admission@cst.edu, or call the Admissions staff at 909-447-2507.

More Information

F-1 Transfer [pdf]

Financial Certification 2015 [pdf]