Graduate PLUS Loan
- U.S. Citizen or permanent resident
- Enrolled at least half-time
- Satisfactory Academic Progress
Annual Loan Limits
- Up to cost of attendance, as determined by the school, minus expected financial aid
- Fees of 4% may be deducted at disbursement.
- Various repayment plans are available.
- Borrowers may be able to apply for a forbearance for up to 48 months, or for an in school deferment while enrolled at least half-time.
- Interest rate fixed at 6.41%.
Applying for Federal Stafford Loans (Unsubsidized or Graduate PLUS)
Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Students who have not previously received a Federal Stafford Loan while at Claremont School of Theology must complete the following steps. Your student loan will not be processed nor funds released until you have completed the steps below.
NOTE: Students applying for Graduate PLUS loans must have first applied for and received the full amount of Stafford Unsubsidized Loans of $20,500.
The application process for the Grad PLUS loan is different. To apply for the loan complete a Grad PLUS Loan request electronically via the StudentLoans.gov Website at http://studentloans.gov. After you apply they will e-mail within 48 hours a Correspondence letter approving or denying your loan. We need a copy of this letter. The Grad PLUS loan credit check is only good for 90 days. Please be aware of this when applying. If approved complete you MPN and Entrance Counseling. If denied you will need an endorser and then re-apply.
Step 1: Prior to receiving Federal Direct Loans, you must successfully complete entrance counseling.
- Complete "Entrance Counseling." You must answer all questions and fill in all required fields. Upon successful completion of the session, EdFund will electronically notify Claremont School of Theology.
- Create a budget. (Optional)
Step 2: Access your student loan history online. You will need your FAFSA pin in order to access your information.