COS 313 - Our Mission From God: Evangelism
Instructor: Jim Standiford
- Significant reference to the biblical roots of evangelism with particular attention given to the New Testament foundations as illustrated in the scriptural assignments in Course 311.
- Interpretation of the Wesleyan heritage of evangelism.
- Survey of strategies and models for evangelism in the past, present, and future life of the church.
- Analysis of contemporary issues in evangelism, such as debates on church growth methodologies, the relationship of evangelism and mission, evangelism in relation to personal and social transformation, evangelization and liberation theologies, and revivalism.
- Focus on evangelism in and use for the local congregation with emphasis upon such issues as preaching evangelistically, organizing and training laity for evangelism, relating evangelism to Christian education, including evangelism in confirmation classes, and planning for long range evangelistic efforts in communities.
- Critical analysis of and appreciation for electronic media as instruments of evangelism.
To Spread the Power, Hunter, George (SP) ISBN: 0-687-42259-0
Turnaround Strategies for the Small Church, Crandall, Ron (TS) ISBN: 0-687-07855-5
This class requires homework to be turned in before the class starts:
Download class syllabus & pre-class assignments