COS 214 – Practice of Preaching
Instructor: Mark Trotter
This course focuses on preaching the gospel from the Old and New Testaments.
- Be able to articulate a theology of proclamation.
- Gain skill in interpreting a variety of lectionary passages for preaching.
- Evaluate sermons for biblical integrity, theological soundness, internal logic, and effective delivery.
- Appropriate insights gained from the evaluation of the sermons preached in class.
- Develop plans for preaching in light of one’s congregational and community context.
Fred B. Craddock – Preaching (Abingdon Press, 1990; [ISBN 9780687336487]
Brown Taylor, Barbara, Preaching Life. (Cowley Pub. January 1993 [ISBN 9781561010745]
This class requires homework to be turned in before the class starts:
Download class syllabus & pre-class assignments