Course of Study
In cooperation with the Division of Ordained Ministry of The United Methodist Church, Claremont School of Theology offers the Ministerial Course of Study each summer for certified candidates for ministry in The United Methodist Church who are unable to attend a school of theology full-time in order to earn the standard Master of Divinity (M.Div.) degree. Course of Study classes are not available for academic credit, CEU or audit.
Included in the Ministerial Course of Study are the following programs:
- Studies for the license as a local pastor (formerly, the license to preach).
- Five-year course of study leading to eligibility for associate membership in a United Methodist Annual Conference.
- The advanced course of study required for probationary membership and full connection.
January Hybrid Class
(a hybrid class is half face-to-face time with the faculty member teaching in a classroom and the second half is given over the computer with the student working on their own under the instructor’s guidance)
- January 9th: 9 a.m. - 5 p.m. (Room Craig 205)
- January 10th: 9 a.m. - 12 p.m. (Room Craig 205)
Summer 2013 Session
Session I: July 1 - 10, 2013
Session II: July 11 - 19, 2013