Field Education Learning Sites
The desire to provide a student quality learning experiences is the most important characteristic of a Field Education Learning Site. The following specifics help sketch an idea of what an excellent learning site might look like.
- An onsite Supervising Mentor who engages the student in weekly spiritual reflection on the practice of ministry in that setting.
- Depth and breadth of lay leadership that can also engage the student monthly in spiritual reflection on the practice of ministry in that setting.
- Flexibility to work in partnership with the student's gifts and growing abilities
- A commitment to the broader church community.
- Commitment to expose the student to the breadth of responsibilities in the practice of ministry in that setting.
- Freedom from deep divisions and conflicts.
For more information on becoming a Field Education Learning Site, we have provided fact sheets for congregations and faith communities and social service organizations, and you may want to review the Handbooks. We invite you to complete the Field Education Learning Site Information form. We appreciate the opportunity to explore a partnership with your church or organization in preparing our leaders for the future.
Also, contact Karen Dalton, Director of Field Education, at (909) 447-2534 or email@example.com.