Student Job Opportunities
Bayan Claremont Multimedia Specialist
The Multimedia Specialist is responsible for planning, content development and technical management for Bayan Claremont’s website, social media, and print collateral and advertising. S/he will utilize graphic design and web-based tools to create and manage campaigns and materials in support of Bayan’s academic programs, events, public relations communications, fundraising activities, and other activities. S/he will also be responsible for in-house photography and videography as part of the multimedia duties. Thus, this position involves a combination of communications, photo/video production, and web/social media management. This is a full-time, exempt position. There is a three-month probationary period.
The Multimedia Specialist will have the following specific responsibilities:
- Develop and manage a consistent, integrated and impactful marketing strategy that employs electronic (email, social media, website) and print resources.
- Make regular updates to Bayan’s website, including news, forms, photo/video assets.
- Manage and grow Bayan’s presence via YouTube channel, Facebook custom pages, Twitter chats, Instagram and other channels.
- Prepare regularly scheduled electronic newsletters highlighting Bayan programs, faculty, students, events, and activities.
- Store, manage and tag all Bayan multimedia (photos, videos).
- Edit photos and videos for use in various projects and marketing campaigns.
- Develop a Bayan podcast with content from faculty and students.
- Support Bayan online course design and development.
- Strong competency in video production, photography, and media management.
- Excellent photo and video editing and management skills (Photoshop, iMovie/YouTube).
- Strong website content management skills (familiarity with Wordpress required).
- Strong design skills (Mailchimp, In Design, Photoshop, or equivalent).
- Technology-savvy (Dropbox, Google Docs, Eventbrite, Square, Paypal integration).
- Conversant with the issues and developments within the Muslim American community.
- Team player, excellent communication skills.
- Flexibility with schedule, including working occasional weekend hours.
Starting salary: $54,000 plus standard benefits.
Full time, with occasional evening and weekend work for conference, events, and meetings.
Send cover letter and résumé to Human Resources, 1325 N. College Ave., Claremont, CA 91711; e-mail to Humanresources@cst.edu or fax: 909 -447-6390. Claremont School of Theology is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
Anticipated start date - November 10, 2014.