Student Job Opportunities
Young Clergy Initiative Program Coordinator
Reports to: To be determined
Status: Part-time, exempt, approximately 20 hours a week
Salary and Benefits: $27,000 annually
Start date: October 1, 2014
End date: September 30, 2015
Claremont School of Theology was recently awarded a Young Clergy Initiative Grant from the General Board of Higher Education and Ministry. The purpose of this initiative is to increase the number of youth and young adults pursuing careers in ministry. The CST program includes a series of informational workshops for youth and young adults in the California-Pacific and Desert Southwest Annual Conferences. Additional features of the program will include matching workshop participants with mentors and inviting them to visit CST.
- Design and schedule six workshops throughout the Cal-Pac and DSW Annual Conferences.
- Recruit clergy and CST faculty to present at each of the six workshops.
- Work with key individuals in the conference offices, to promote the workshops and recruit participants.
- Match interested participants with a clergy mentor.
- During the summer, organize a week-long theological exploration program at CST for workshop participants most interested in pursuing ministry.
- Document each step of the program to develop a replicable program.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong computer skills including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Familiarity with The United Methodist Church in general and the Cal-Pac or DSW Annual Conference in particular.
- Familiar with social media platforms.
- M.Div. degree preferred.
- Experience in local ministry preferred
Claremont School of Theology is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. To apply, please send a letter of interest and your C.V. to Susan Maples at firstname.lastname@example.org.
All applications should be received by Sept. 12 at 5:00 p.m.